Posted on: 20 October 2022
There have never been as many options for furnishing your home as there are right now, and the sheer number of different sofas available on the market can make it difficult to pick the one that's right for you and your home. How many seats do you need? What should your fabric and colour choices be? Which optional add-ons will get the most use? The beauty of a modular sofa is that you can have it all: any additions you think might be useful are easy to combine into a single custom-made piece that's designed to fit your preferences.
What are your module options for a custom sofa?
Every individual part of your custom sofa is called a 'module', and you have plenty of options to pick and choose between.
- Corners: these corner pieces help you fit more sofa into less space, and they're also extremely cosy to snuggle up in!
- Recliners: the ultimate in at-home relaxation, modular recliners can be built into your sofa's individual seats.
- Seats: with a sectional, you get to choose how long your sofa is—so you can include as many or as few standard seating modules as you need.
- Beds: pull-out beds are compatible with many modular sofa options—and on a corner model they'll usually sleep up to three people comfortably.
- Side Tables & Footstools: while not part of the sofa itself, these add-on pieces can be designed to match perfectly—which really helps to tie the look and feel of your living room together.
Depending on which manufacturer you choose, there will be extra options within each of these module choices. You can decide which kind of armrests you want or whether you'd like a portion of your sofa to be backless. You could even pick different cushion types to meet the preferences of the various members of your family!
Are there any other particular benefits of going modular?
Even the best-made furniture wears out eventually—but if you buy a sectional sofa from a reputable company then you might not have to simply buy a new one all at once. Individual cushions, modules or parts can sometimes be repaired or replaced, which will save you a great deal of money.
This also means you can change your configuration over time. If your household's needs and preferences change, your sofa can change with them—all without you having to shell out for the whole cost of an entire new model.Share